Friday, May 30, 2008

Twilight(post 4)

"Bella? Bella?" That same tone of hysterical panic. I sprinted to the door, to the sound of her voice.
"Bella you scared me! Don't you ever do that to me again!" Her voice continued as I ran into the long, highcelinged room.
I stared around me, trying to find where her voice was coming from. i heard her laugh, and I whirled to the sound.
There she was, on the TV sceen, tousling my hair in relief. It was Thanksgiving, and I was twelve. We'd gone to see my grandmother in California, the last year before she died. We went to the beach one day, and I'd leaned too far over the edge of the pier. She'd seen my feet flailing, trying to reclaim my balance. "Bella? Bella?" she'd called to me in fear.
And then the TV was blue.
I turned slowly. He was standing very still by the back exit, so still I hadn't noticed him at first. in his hand was a remote control. We stared at each other for a long moment, and then he smiled...
And suddenly it hit me. My mother was safe. She was still in Florida. She'd never gotten my message. She'd never been terrified by the dark red eyes in the abnormally pale face before me. She was safe"(444)

This quote is continuing on from the last post I wrote. James had met Bella and knew that she was not one of them, she was not a vampire. Her blood had such a great scent that he had to have it. Bella was being protected by Edward’s brother and sister, Alice and Emmett. They had taken her to the airport where she was going to finally see Edward again. She had just gotten a call from James and he said that he had Bella’s mom. Bella did not want anything to happen to her mom when this was her fault, so she said she would meet up with James and he could have her. When she got to the dance studio where James told her to meet him she heard her mothers alarmed voice calling out for her. When she reached the TV and saw that her mom was on the TV in one of their old family movies she knew she had been tricked. Even though Bella’s mom really wasn’t there and Bella was pretty much doomed, she was relieved that Renee, her mom, was safe in Florida.
This quote is just the beginning of the intense and shocking ending of the book. I thought that while I was reading this that it was a good book but once I got to this point I could not put the book down. I don’t want to spoil the ending because it is shocking, but Stephenie Meyer’s use of diction in this section is the best. She really draws you in and throughout this whole book I could picture everything that was happening in the story.

No comments: