Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Scooter" post number 1

"Curiosity finally got the betterment of my dad. He didn't want to ask, but i guess he felt like he had to. "Whattaya here for if you don't want Joe to sign?" my father asked.The guy smiled. Not a friendly smile, just a lttle corner-of-the-mouth smile. he was a big guy much bigger than my dad. I thought there might have been trouble. After a tense moment, the guy seemed to relax. "Hey buddy", the guy said, "i just wanted to shake Joe's hand"(10).

Mick Foley, the author is a writer that always has a plan. what i mean by that is when he says something he always addresses it later in the story. i couldn't tell you how many times i have got this feeling, the feeling you get when you know you shouldn't ask but you do anyway. in fact i can't remember the last time i didn't have this feeling. most of the time i don't get a bad reaction because usually happen to ask my friends, but every once in a while it happens. i liked the quote and it related to me.
so far i like the book, even though it is boring and nothing exciting has happened yet. as much as the book i have read it seems like there is a good story to it. the book it about a kid who lives with his mom, dad, and grandpa. scooter and his grandpa sleep in the same room but that would all change when his grandpa got in an accident. scooter would now sleep by himself and learn many things by relating to the game of baseball. his dad and grandpa are big Yankee baseball fan;s that live extremely close to the ball park.

1 comment:

Adam said...

I sympathize with Scooter. I was really close to my grandmothers until they couldn't live on their own anymore. My favorite grandmother used to cook for me, went on trips with our family, and came to both Grandparents Day music programs for my sister and I. My other grandmother also went on trips with me too. Sadly, they passed away withen nine monthes with each other. It was a tough couple of years. Even though I have gotten better I miss them every day.