Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Twilight by: Stephenie Meyer (post #1)

"In my dream it was very dark, and what dim light there was seemed to be radiating from Edward's skin. I couldn't see his face, just his back as he walked away from me, leaving me in the blackness. No matter how fast I ran, I couldn't catch up to him; no matter how loud I called, he never trurned. Troubled, I woke in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep again for what seemed like a very long time. After that, he was in my dreams nearly every night, but always on the periphery never within reach"(68).

This quote really caught my attention as I was reading it. It shows the love story between Bella Swan and Edward Cullen slowly beginning to develop. All that Bella can think about is the mysterious boy that she sits next to in her Biology class. She longs to know everything about him. She begins to dream about him until she can’t stand to be away from him for anytime at all. Then, as she does begin to notice him more, she notices that there is something different about him. This secret could be a threat to her and even Edward.
As the quote states, Bella is calling out for Edward in her dreams. Why won’t he turn around? Why won’t he slow down so she can be by his side? This quote reminds me a lot of The Great Gatsby. No matter how hard Gatsby tried to reach Daisy he never could. In this case, Bella could not get Edward to notice her even though she would scream and run as fast as she possibly could. I think that as I continue reading on I will find out who Edward could be and how Bella and him begin their relationship.

No comments: