Friday, May 23, 2008

Twilight (Post #2)

“Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat. I was quite unable to move, even if I’d wanted to. I listened to the sound of his even breathing, watching the sun and wind play in his bronze hair, more human than any other part of him. With deliberate slowness, his hands slid down the sides of my neck. I shivered, and I heard him catch his breath. But his hands didn’t pause as they softly moved to my shoulders, and then stopped” (276).

This quote is intense, especially if you have been following along with Bella and Edward’s relationship. Their passion for each other is getting stronger and stronger every minute. This is one of the first physical contacts that they have. As you read through the story you begin to realize how much Edward cares for Bella and how he would do anything to make sure she is safe. Even though his secret could in just one second change both of their lives forever, they just can’t resist being together. Edward fears that he would danger Bella but as you read you understand why Bella doesn’t care what happens as long as they can spend those few seconds with one another.
I believe that Edward will soon run into conflicts with his secret and will struggle with how to be with Bella and resist her tempting smell. I predict that either Edward’s family will become a danger to Bella or someone outside them will find out the dreadful secret and ruin everything that he has become and hid from. Even though this could happen I do think that Bella will remain by his side and will try to defeat what Edward is fighting against, whether that is his temptations or his love.

1 comment:

Stephanie C. said...

Wow, that is intense. But I kind of like it. It makes it seem more thrilling and exciting. I like how it is very descriptive; it is like you can imagine it yourself. Now I want to read it, it sounds good! I will read your posts more to see if I really want to read it.
~Stephanie