Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Firestorm (3rd post)

“You want me to teach you. I can’t be subtle. I can’t sneak in and just change everything. You’re going to know I’m inside your mind and you’re not going to like it. I’m going to have to show you. There’s nothing more intimate or intrusive. Do you understand?”

Silver is trying to teach Kerry how to be connected to Trask and be able to control it. Maybe even control him. Right now all Kerry can do when she is connected to him is see everything through his eyes, and feel what he feels. She can watch his destruction as if she were him. She senses every emotion he has and every thought. Silver wants her to maybe be able to control it so she can alter things and get closer to him so they can catch him. He also wants to her to be able to come and go from his mind as she pleases. All she can do now is go to a sight of his destruction and feel what he felt in that fire. They have been close but Kerry doesn’t have the ability to stay connected to him before he runs off and is away from the sight. Her distance capability needs to strengthen. Silver is going to show her that but she has to let him in her mind and this is bringing them so close, because what can be closer that actually being in someone mind at the same time as them and being in there thoughts and dreams. This scares Kerry so much because she can’t let him get close to her. She can’t think he is soft. But now they are becoming closer and closer as their progress to catch him continues. What will happen to them as they get closer to Trask?

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wow, I don't think that I would like someone else being in my mind, knowing everything I was thinking and feeling. It would just be weird! But this book sounds really good, how do they get into other people's heads anyway? Let me know how the rest of the book is, I'm pretty interested and reading it!

love you girl,
Ellen