Friday, May 30, 2008

13 REASONS WHY (post 3)

“But all Jessica heard was me accepting blame. She rose up beside her chair- glaring down at me- and swung. So tell me Jessica, which did you mean to do? Punch me, or scratch me? Because it felt like a little bit of both… Like you couldn’t really decide. And what was it you called me? Not that it matters, but just for the record. Because I was too busy lifting my hand and ducking-but you got me!- and I missed what you said. That tiny scar you’ve all seen above my eyebrow, that’s the shape of Jessica’s fingernail… Which I plucked out myself.”
“ I noticed that scar a few weeks ago at the party. It was a tiny flaw on a pretty face. And I told her how cute it was.”

This has to be one of the most intense stories this girl has told. Apparently, that Jessica chick’s boyfriend was checking Hannah out and it blew up into this big fight. This book just keeps getting better. I’m really scared to find out why the narrator got these tapes. So far he hasn’t seemed like a bad person. I don’t really know how this girl got to that point at school. She was brand new, and she was already having a rough time. It’s just amazing how people’s actions can affect someone. All of this drama happened and it’s only the first tape… I have twelve tapes to go. If the book is this intense already I can’t imagine how much it will progress further on in the book.
I just think girl fights are funny. They try to seem all tough, but once they actually start to fight they block their faces and start scratching at each other like little cats. When I think of fights I think of like, real legit fights.
I feel for this girl though. It’s unfortunate that the teasing and taunting from being new effected her to the point to where she took her own life to stop from being teased. Instead of doing something so drastic, she could have gone to a counselor or just told people how their words made her feel.

No comments: