Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Shining (Post #3)

“The water was running full force in the basin. Beside it, a tube of Crest with the cap off. Danny was sitting on the rim of the bathtub across the room, his toothbrush clasped limply in his left hand, a thin foam of toothpaste around his mouth. He was starring, trancelike, into the mirror on the front of the medicine cabinet above the washbasin. The expression on his face was that he was having some sort of epileptic seizure, that he might have swallowed his tongue. Danny!” (185).

GOSH, I did not want to stop reading this part! I wanted to know what happened to the little boy. I like how King describes this part in the book. He does it so well I can picture what might be happening in my mind! As I read this part more it got a little more tense. The father of the boy started to shake him really hard! I couldn’t believe it!! That is a horrible thing to do to your child. But I guess the father kind of had to do that to Danny to make him snap out of his seizure or what ever was happening to him.

I still really like this book, but it got a little boring in one of the chapters when it was not really talking about anything interesting. It seemed like King was rambling , I just wanted to skip the chapter because it was kind of pointless to me. But I didn’t skip it. I didn’t want to miss anything and who knows, there could of been something important in the chapter that would help me later in the book. But I know that it is going to get better because the movie does too!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This book is crazy and freaking scary sounding! If this happened to me I don't think that I could handle it all. I would either faint or pee my pants or something! The way the author uses his describing words is awesome. You really feel like you are there watching the boy.

Nick said...

I agree with the others on this book. The book sounds like it’s a scary novel like Goosebumps or something. If I was in that situation id probably just run for my life as far as I can and find as many people as I can for protection. The only other option is to stay there and defend myself.