Friday, May 30, 2008

The Shining (Post #4)

“He ran full-tilt into the outside door of 217, which was now closed. He began hammering on it, far beyond realizing that it was unlocked, and he had only to turn the knob to let himself out. His mouth pealed forth deafening screams that were beyond human auditory range. He could hammer on the door and hear the dead woman coming for him, bloated belly, dry hair, outstretched hands-something that lain slain in that tub for perhaps years, embalmed there in magic. The door would not open, would not, would not” (327).

Danny, the little boy went to one of the hotel room, room 217. He was told not to go in there by the owner and he told him that he would not. Well Danny had broken his promise to the owner and he went into the room. He took the key to the room and he unlocked it and went in. He looked around and then he went into the bathroom. He looked at the shower and pulled back the curtain, and their was this dead woman!! When I was reading that part, I thought it was kind of creepy. It said that the woman’s eyes were fixed on Danny’s glassy and huge eyes that were like marbles. I thought that was kinda creepy that a dead woman’s eyes was looking at him. But then all the sudden the woman got up and started to chase Danny. WOW! O my gosh!

THAT IS CRAZY!! I did not want to stop reading this part. It is so weird how that happened, I could not believe it! After I read that chapter, I HAD to read more! I mean it is getting near the end and that is when it is suppose to be good because I saw the movie and that is when it gets good!! I can not wait to read more!!!

3 comments:

Mr. Land said...

Stephanie,
Which would you say you've enjoyed more, the book or the movie? Why do you think you enjoyed one more than the other?

Jordin said...

I would have to say i want to see the movie but i probaly would not get it if i dont read the book. Am i correct

Mr. Land said...

The movie is definitely worth a rental and doesn't need the book to prop it up. Pretty scary stuff.