Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Scooter (Review)

I read the book Scooter by Mick Foley. I chose this book because it seemed interesting and it talked about baseball. The book talked about the Yankees and how they were one of the best teams in the majors. Also it talked about the New York Mets. Scooter liked the Mets and his dad liked the Yankees. There were several topics that I related too and took interest in. I knew it was about baseball but I thought about a different kind of baseball. I thought about baseball games and cretin players but I would soon figure out that there was a whole different kind of knowledge from the simple game baseball.
Scooter was named after a famous baseball player who player for the Yankees. His name was Phil Rizzuto. Scooters dad was a huge fan and loved the team no matter what, even if they had a losing record. He lived with his mom, dad, sister, and grandpa but that would soon change. His grandpa was involved in an accident and everything would be different. Scooter would learn new things, disobey his dads rules, and hangout with a different crowd. He likes the game of baseball and learns that his dad was extremely good but he didn’t have a fastball and because of that he couldn’t go pro. Scooter is just a young boy who’s trying to learn things for him by the game of baseball.
Before I began reading the book I was excited about reading the book. I actually went to the store and bought the book. When I started to read the book I didn’t like it, it seemed boring and didn’t talk much about baseball but I kept on reading. After a while I came to the point where it talked about baseball, soon after that I couldn’t lay the book down. In my opinion I would recommend this book who likes to watch and talk baseball. It gives you lessons from baseball that you thought it couldn’t be true. The book Scooter is a good book.

No comments: