Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Firestorm (book review)

I chose to read Firestorm by Iris Johansen because she is above all my favorite author. Her books always keep me on the edge of my seat and keep me reading more. I have read several of her books and this is probably my second favorite. I love her character use and how she thinks of way crazy events to happen. Her climax is always so thrilling, it’s crazy! I read the back of this and thought it was interesting because first off what’s more exciting than tracking down an arsonist that has already been tracking you-freaky! And secondly, because Silver; “a dangerous man who seems to know Kerry’s mind almost as well as she does herself.” I wanted to know more… It made me turn the pages even faster when I read the synopsis.
In Firestorm, Kerry is an arson investigator with a dog Sam who gets all the credit for her work. He is kind of like a psychic. When she comes close to fire, she gets the story. She can see what actually happened on the scene hours before. How she does it she has no idea besides for the fact that she woke up from a coma and inherited these powers. She was stroke upon the head with something when an arsonist set her house on fire. Now she can see what really happened. Silver, a man that lives on the edge, needs Kerry’s help to find the meanest of all arsonists, and to help bring him down before he uses the deadliest tool: fire. With his creation he would wipe out a city in minutes and nothing would be able to stop it. The battle they fight the whole book is will he get to the first.
What I liked most about this book is the characters. Kerry and Silver are both so stubborn and bull headed they just go back and forth. Someone always has to give in but it takes a lot to make one of them break. I also love the twist at the beginning of the book, Kerry has a gift, and someone else does too. Actually three people do! The race to get to the arsonist Trask and Trask fighting to get Kerry and Silver is so exciting. It’s a puzzle Kerry and Silver must solve and Trask is solving one against them too. My favorite part is when they come face to face. Read this book and you will find out what happens!

No comments: