Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Lovely Bones Book summary

So I thought this book was pretty interesting. Not only was it the first book I’ve WANTED to read in a long time, but it also kept me going and kept my attention. I picked the book up when Jessa was saying how good it was, and I didn’t feel like putting any effort into finding a book, so I just got this one. I’m glad though, it kept me going for the most part.
The Lovely Bones is about a girl who was kidnapped, raped, and killed in a corn field on the way home from school by her neighbor. The police find no lead to convict anyone, but her dad thinks it’s Mr. Harvey (the neighbor). The dad pretty much goes psycho over who killed his daughter. The story is told in the point of view of the girl that was killed. The details are amazing. She knows everything that’s going around her. She really wanted to be with her family on earth, but instead she’s telling the story from Heaven. I’d tell you more, but it would just give the whole book away.
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants adventure, drama, suspense. It’s pretty much all the genres combined into one. It may drag in the middle of the book, but once you get through it, by the end it’s definitely worth reading. There are a lot of lessons to be learned, and there is even some good advice in it that makes it even better. I definitely like those kinds of books that make you think about your own personal life, and that’s what this book does.

No comments: