Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Lovely Bones [Post 4]

“I watched my beautiful sister running . . . and I knew she was not running away from me or toward me. Like someone who has survived a gut-shot, the wound had been closing, closing - braiding into a scar for eight long years" (242).

Susie's sister has finally revealed her feelings about her sister. I knew she was going to crack sooner or later.
I like this quote, and the fact it can relate to a scar. This 'scar' was a deep scar for Susie's sister, Lindsey, because she had not shown any type of emotion or anything toward the death of her sister. I think when someone dies, the pain is there, but it’s blocked out by everyday activities. Sometimes you don’t want to admit the problem, but instead avoid it all. This can relate to me in a lot of ways…Instead of me just facing the problem, I try and avoid it all together. I hate it when there’s conflict, but in the end, it’s better to just face it head on. It might be the harder thing to do, but sometimes it’s the only thing to do. If not, your life becomes in a tangled mess because you can’t release your feelings towards the problem.

No comments: